XJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep XJ Cherokee. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter .120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.Jeep XJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT You must also measure the joint size where the shaft attaches to the rear axle. There are two possible joint sizes. Select the size that fits your yoke.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
They shipped it quickly and the quality is very good
Worked great on my 2000 XJ, 3” lift, np242 transfer case with IRO hack-n-tap.
Bought 98 Cherokee 4.5 RC lift with 35’s. Had a weird vibration at speed on the road. RC shaft was not sliding in or out easily. Mangled the seal and grease zert on Holcomb Valley Trail. Decided not to repair it and go with the Woods with full splines. Measured and called to verify. Jason was awesome. So glad I didn’t repair my old one. This thing is beefy solid! I could tell right away when it arrived quickly I made the right decision. Thank you!
Installed a 4.5 lift with stinky fab shackles on my 99 Cherokee sport, definitely needed a cv driveshaft and glad I got one from here. The videos explaining everything about driveline angle and how to measure everything were very helpful. Wish I could add a picture
Excellent workmanship, made in USA, fast shipping, fit perfect, why would you go anywhere else to get drive shafts?
Thank you for taking pride in your work!