XJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep XJ Cherokee. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter .120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Your choice of spline and slip yoke options, more about that here.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around. Jeep XJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT You must also measure the joint size where the shaft attaches to the rear axle. There are two possible joint sizes. Select the size that fits your yoke.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
SO FAR SOO GOOD! , THE DRIVE SHAFT CAME IN REALLY FAST WITH ALL THE EXTRA BOLTS AND CLAMPS I NEEDED FOR THE INSTALL
IVE GONE NOW TO A 5.3 4L60 AND KEPT THE 231TC SO I NEEDED SOMETHING CUSTOM ! TOM WOODS MADE IT HAPPEN IN A HEART BEAT! BOLTED RIGHT UP , GOOD ANGLES, ALL I NEED TO DO IS GO OUT WHEEL IT ! THANKS TOM WOODS !
This was for a 02 KJ liberty. The drive shaft dropped right in and works great, no more drive line vibrations from increased offsets. A note for 02 liberty owners the Advanced adapter sye may require you to swap out the t- case fluid pump to a 02 TJ t- case pump like I had to. Aside from that everything worked as it should easy to install with a moderate skill level. Great work as always Tom Woods!
Very impressed; I have read enough forms to realize that driveline vibrations are common with lifts on these XJ's but with 31's and 2.5" of lift it didn't seem like I had enough lift to make a difference. I have had this Jeep for 10 years now and its had the vibration above 65MPH for about 8 years now. FINALLY Fixed SYE and new DRIVESHAFT.
The drive shaft is great, fit perfect and cured my vibration issues. The best part for me was the customer service. Every time I called, a person answered! Shipping was next day even though it is a custom drive shaft. Really happy with my purchase and would recommended to anyone.
Ordered a Tom Woods Driveshaft for front and rear on my XJ after installing their 242 SYE kit. I measured for the new shafts, selected options from the website (x-spline, type of u-joints, etc.) and they were delivered to me within 3 days. Very high quality shafts - will definitely recommend to all my friends!