XJ Front Drive Shaft
XJ front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any XJ that is still running a stock drive shaft. XJ stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and 19+ years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep XJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Great company, product and people. Easy order and fast turn around ordered front and rear for my 96XJ have them the measurement they asked for and two perfect fits!
5 stars. Turn around was on point and both shafts fit without worries. I do need to obtain new straps and bolts at the pinion end. Other than that no more clunky clunk.
Great product. I honestly didn’t realize how much vibration my stock driveshaft had until I replaced it with a Tom woods shaft. I have one difficult wheeling trip on the new driveshaft and it held up just fine.
Excellent quality and fast shipping a win win !
Purchased front driveshaft to match rear from a previous purchase. Did not realize the amount of driveline vibration I had developed untill installing this one. Jeep is a '00 XJ with 6.5" lift, SYE with Tom's rear shaft, 4.56 gears, 33" Federal Couragia MTs, and is daily driven about 40 miles at 70mph. And yes, I do abuse it off-road and have for about 5 years.