XJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep XJ Cherokee. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter .120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.Jeep XJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT You must also measure the joint size where the shaft attaches to the rear axle. There are two possible joint sizes. Select the size that fits your yoke.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Had to install a SYE on my XJ. Ran the front shaft in the rear until the Tom Woods unit came. Difference in size and quality is immediately apparent. Only took 3 or 4 days to get after ordering.
Rear drive shaft for my Ls swapped xj is awesome. Ordered Sunday night had it by Thursday. Great quality.
Absolutely amazing customer service, as well as timely delivery, everyone says they have the best shafts in the business, but nobody has a bigger, stronger girthier shaft than Tom woods, they’ve got the best shaft in the business hands down
This was my second shaft for my xj, the first was for the front. I got a rear this time, best quality you can get.
They got the fit perfect even tho I got the sye kit and the shafts at the same time. They know their stuff I guarantee that. The shaft is super heavy duty and I'm positive I'll break something else before these and the breakage warranty on the joints is even more of a bonus. They are worth every penny. The guys in the shop are super helpful even tho I called about ten times with questions lol. As stated in my review for the front shaft I'm an auto tech by trade and picky about what I put on my rig. I also splurged on the heavy duty x splines and man I tell ya what those things have about triple the contact area even at full extension. They stand behind what they sell and that says a lot. Would recommend to anybody looking for an upgrade