XJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep XJ Cherokee. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep XJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT You must also measure the joint size where the shaft attaches to the rear axle. There are two possible joint sizes. Select the size that fits your yoke.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Nice driveshaft. Well packaged and smooth ride. Perfect fitment with the u-joints pregreased. Awesome stuff!! Will be buying a front shaft soon!!!
Solid driveshaft. No vibrations, couldn't be happier. Highly recommend.
As planned shaft shipped out as said. Bolted right in worked perfect no vibrations. Went out the dessert and all well. Two thumbs up!!
I have been running Adam's driveshafts for the last three years and have been very disappointed. Comparing the two side by side the Wood's driveshafts are slightly larger in diameter and weight a fair amount more than the Adam's, which is likely due to heavier gauge tubing. The double cardon joint and slip joint both have a greater range of movement and move much smoother. The Wood's driveshaft was also a perfect fit which made it much easier to install than the poor fitting Adam's driveshaft. Very happy with my purchase and I'm looking forward to testing there durability.
If you’re looking for a reason to buy, this is it. Wouldn’t go anywhere else now. The quality is spot on. I have a 4 inch lift on my 00 Cherokee and this took care of the last bit of my vibration. Driveshaft is well built and seems pretty solid. Highly recommend.