XJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep XJ Cherokee. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Jeep XJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT You must also measure the joint size where the shaft attaches to the rear axle. There are two possible joint sizes. Select the size that fits your yoke.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Awesome fitment, awesome strength
Very helpful customer service and website. Fast shipping!!! Will definitely buy again.
Seems like a good driveshaft. But they are not spicer parts
Ordered the AA 231 SYE and a double Cardan rear shaft for my ‘00 XJ and it fit like a glove. Way better than the stock junk that was on there. The SYE was straight forward, and not too bad to install. Easy measurement instructions, and then they take care of the rest of the math for you. Definitely ordering my front shaft very soon! Very happy with Tom Woods’ company and will definitely order again without hesitation. If you’re looking for a quality shaft and are on the edge about ordering from here, then this is your push!
Was impressed with tom woods customer service since the order process started to the finish.
I was even more impressed with the workmanship when i got the shaft.
Under my jeep its very smooth zero issues.
I bought one for my xj and now im waiting for another shaft for my yj. I usually wear out the slip yokes on local made driveshafts in a year rock krawling,judging by the tom woods slip yoke i can see i wont have anymore problems with driveshafts.
Very happy with my purchace!!!