XJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep XJ Cherokee. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter .120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.Jeep XJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT You must also measure the joint size where the shaft attaches to the rear axle. There are two possible joint sizes. Select the size that fits your yoke.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Good quality product and quick shipping. Only complaint is that I didn’t receive exactly what I ordered the slip spline style was different
Did SYE and Ford 8.8 so I needed a shaft, so far im very happy that I choose a woody!
My xj has a 3 inch zone lift. It always had what I describe as a duck tail when taking off from a stop. I installed a sye and a Tom Woods double cardan rear shaft. My Jeep is now smooth as glass. The quality of this shaft is second to none. Welds, construction, and balance are perfect. Beefy and thick is how I described my woody to my wife. Thank you Tom Woods and the craftsmen that handled my shaft throughout the build process. I will be purchasing shafts for my other trucks.
So far I've had no issues with it. Fit perfectly
Haven't had the chance to beat my woody yet but fit, finish and length are all fantastic. No vibrations either ! 10/10