XJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep XJ Cherokee. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter .120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.Jeep XJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT You must also measure the joint size where the shaft attaches to the rear axle. There are two possible joint sizes. Select the size that fits your yoke.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
After installing a slip yoke eliminator kit on my Jeep Comanche I measured for the length of what drive shaft I would need using the instructions on the Tom Woods sight for how to measure. Everything worked perfect! Very pleased with the quick service and high quality of this drive shaft.
Lemme start by saying honestly these guys helped me with everything my shaft kept blowing u joints in the rear bc I had no play in the shaft what so ever but now the comanche rides amazing. Had an issue with a u joint but the great customer service got a new one sent out for me right away. Thank you again! I recommend them everyone!
I knew that Tom Wood's driveshafts were the way I wanted to go when upgrading my XJ. The final product was an excellent fit and was delivered fast (got it in three days). Customer service is amazing and they know how to help you out. I'm extremely pleased with the quality of the product and how it's been running on the XJ for the last week and a half. Highly recommend getting a Tom Wood's custom rear driveshaft if you're thinking about doing any lifts for your XJ!
Building an XJ with an extreme short SYE requiring a new rear driveshaft. I made a mistake on my first order (wrong U-joint size), Tom Wood's made it right. Final Product was Excellent Fit and Delivered Fast. Their Customer Service is Outstanding, and Highest Quality Products in the Market.