XJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Due to a national unavailability from both Spicer/Dana and Neapco, the weld yoke required to build this shaft is currently unavailable. Our scheduled monthly orders of these parts has been placed on backorder status. The official answer we are getting on the ETA of these backordered parts is "UNKNOWN". We expect it to be several weeks before they are fully back in stock. Until then, we are unable to build this drive shaft. Keep checking back, we'll update the site as soon as we have more parts! We apologize for the inconvenience.
Rear drive shaft for Jeep XJ Cherokee. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.Jeep XJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT You must also measure the joint size where the shaft attaches to the rear axle. There are two possible joint sizes. Select the size that fits your yoke.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
fits like a charm and rides smooth 10/10
fits perfectly no issue and great quality
So thankful for these guys! It was perfect fit, fast turn around and affordable. I honestly don’t see why anyone would choose another company for a shaft! Thank you so much Tom woods!
Tom Woods is my new go to place for Jeep drive lines. Great service, ordered on a Monday and received on Thursday the same week at a great price. Cannot ask for anything better. Driveshaft went on with no issues and no vibrations. Thank you.
Perfect fit and no vibration. Very happy with this product.