JK Front Drive Shaft, 1350 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1350 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and the bolts directly to the stock pinion flange. If you don't have stock flanges at both the transfer case and axle currently this shaft may not work and you should call us for more information.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this part which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new double cardan bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Look at the chart in the photos for guidance on which series shaft is right for you.
The stock front driveshaft was not up to the task for a 3.5 inch lift and 37 inch tires. Sent measurements and received the shaft within a few days. Measurements were right on and the shaft bolted right up in about 30 minutes. I think this is my 5th driveshaft from Tom Woods, so I trust their shafts…
Received the front JK drive shaft in a very good timely manner. Product is just as advertised. Fit perfectly! I would recommend to anyone. Planning on doing the rear in the near future.
Shipping was quick and it fit perfectly!
Customer service and answering questions prior to ordering was awesome!! Fast turnaround, fit perfect and top quality craftsmanship. Great communication throughout the process. Highly recommend.
They are so well made. The customer service Personal are great. This my second jeep that I own I have installed there product.