JK Front Drive Shaft, 1350 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1350 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and the bolts directly to the stock pinion flange. If you don't have stock flanges at both the transfer case and axle currently this shaft may not work and you should call us for more information.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this part which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new double cardan bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Look at the chart in the photos for guidance on which series shaft is right for you.
This driveshaft was super easy to install and even easier to see the difference it made in my drivetrain!! Love it and couldn’t be anymore happier with the customer service!
I have only had it for a month or two but have had zero issues. The driveshaft is a work of art and almost seems over built.
I was a little worried as I needed the product quick as I blew my other driveshaft and was driving in 2wd in winter in the Northeast. But the product shipped the next day and I got it within days.
Couldn't be happier and the piece of mind was worth the money.
Ordered and received a JK 1350 front drive shaft in good order. Finally got time today to install it. No problem installing in my driveway. A buddy helped, really I helped him 😁 step by step it was all easy to do. I'd gotten the locktite, silicone goo and big cockers out and ready to go. Took about 2 hours. A test drive revealed no issues. The real test will be next time I go off road and I'll update this review then.
As others have noted, they ship the custom driveshaft quickly, very well packaged. The only issue I had with install was getting my rust 14year old bolts out, installing the new was like gravy after that, got rid of all my clinking noises from the drive train. I off road a fair amount so I went with the 1350 ujoints!
The installation was intimidating at first, but was easy once I got started. Everything you need to know is in the instruction sheet. I swapped mine out in my garage without a lift. I can't believe how smooth these drive shafts are. They are better than stock, for sure. Excellent product!