JK Rear Drive Shaft, 1350 Series
Jeep JK drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Just a few inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). This shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1350 series JK rear shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and the required pinion flange.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 3" diameter 0.083" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case flange and pinion flange. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with these necessary parts which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with all required attaching hardware.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
IMPORTANT If you have 35” tires or bigger and stock differential gears, or if you plan on extreme use, this 1350 series drive shaft is the right shaft for you.
I am very happy with the purchase. Very well built, and easy to install. Absolutely no vibration while driving. In addition, the website makes the purchase easy and the delivery was on time and as promised. I highly recommend!
This product is exceptional. The crew took the time to talk me thru a choice. Once made the shaft arrived quickly and will all the necessary pieces to make the installation a breeze. Took it wheeling the next day and it worked better than I imagined. Old drive shaft gave a little vibration and the new woody cleaned it all up. This product is stout and ready to serve. Get your new Woody today !!!
Still out on product quality, install was easy enough but still experiencing a sound that may be vibration that I'm still troubleshooting. I called and talked to Troy who was less than enthusiastic and treated me more like an annoyance, never really giving any recommendation on what to check. Also sent a message to Shawn about possible missing parts, never heard back. The "vaunted" customer service of Tom Woods is either delusional and over-hyped or has deteriorated drastically.
Removed factory drive shaft and replaced with yours. Very please with the craftsmanship of the shaft and is working perfectly. Thanks for a great experience working with you on this replacement.
You guys are the best! I had a ton of questions on what I should order and measuring and all of that and you were amazing and patient with me! Thank you so much! We got the custom drive shafts sooner than I expected and they installed easily. Great quality product as well! I'm impressed for sure! I manage a couple of dealerships and hopefully we will be able to purchase your products again in the future! Thanks again, Kim