2-Door JK Rear Drive Shaft, 1310 Series
Jeep JK drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). This shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1310 series JK rear shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and required rear pinion flange. If you don't have stock flanges at both the transfer case and axle currently this shaft may not work and you should call us for more information.
If you have a suspension lift, you may need to rotate the differential for the CV type drive shaft. This is typically done with adjustable control arms. Pinion should be approximately 1 to 3 degree’s lower than the slope of the drive shaft.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke.and pinion flange (Some "cheaper" shafts don't come with these necessary parts which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new double cardan bolts with reduced head for ease of installation and all other necessary attaching hardware.
- Best of all, every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
IMPORTANT: Look at the chart in the product photos to make sure the 1310 series shaft is the right one for you.
Instillation was much faster than removing the old shaft for sure. Shaft came in clean and quick. All hardware was included.
I am extremely pleased with my new driveshaft! My problems with installation came when trying to remove the yoke from the differential. I couldn't find a 1 5/16" socket in town and had to order one. The nut was on very tight and I needed an impact wrench. Came of easily then. Trying to get the yoke out, it wouldn't just "tap" out even with a 4pound sledge. I borrowed a 3-arm puller and used my impact again. Came right off. Installation of everything was a snap! Yes, I'm very happy with Tom Woods driveshafts (I have both front and rear)!
Ordered it on Saturday night from Brisbane Australia, it arrived that Friday, pretty incredible that they could get it made and shipped and still have to me on time, great job Tom Woods and UPS.....BTW great Drive shaft...very happy customer
The drive shaft was simple to install perfect fit had no problems whatsoever installing,definitely 5 srars
Just installed my rear driveshaft for my jk and I'm loving it...I have the front and rear installed now and my jeep rides like it's 2007 all over again...thanks Tom woods for this awesome product you provide for all of us to take advantage of....🤙