Jeep JKU Rear Drive Shaft, 1310 Series
Jeep JK drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Just a few inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). This shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1310 series JK rear shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and the required pinion flange.
If you have a suspension lift, you may need to rotate the differential for the CV type drive shaft. This is typically done with adjustable control arms. Pinion should be approximately 1 to 3 degree’s lower than the slope of the drive shaft.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2.5" diameter 0.083" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke and pinion flange. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with these necessary parts which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new double cardan bolts with reduced head for ease of installation and all other required attaching hardware.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
IMPORTANT: Look at the chart in the product photos to make sure the 1310 series is the right shaft for you.
Click here for more technical information and for photos showing how to measure for the correct length shaft.
These guys at the shop are doing more than 70 driveshafts a day; that is fantastic. I had the privilege to purchase one of these driveshafts, I am extremely pleased.
I ordered the driveshaft on Monday and received it from UPS on Thursday. Everything fit perfect. Great Job!!!!
Ordered a custom length for my lifted JK. Only took a few days to get & was very pleased with the quality & fit. It works great.
The best driveshaft money can buy in my opinion. Very pleased with both my 1310s on the JKU. It's very smooth even at 75mph with 4.88s. I'm sure others make good shafts but you will be hard pressed to buy one of this quality. Don't listen to Way of life or any other keyboard warrior. Local shops are not cheaper in the long run and you don't know if it's consistently good or not.