Discovery 2 Front Drive Shaft
Land Rover Discovery front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any Discovery 2 that is still running a stock drive shaft. Disco 2 stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball. This is an important one. Because of the proximity to the heat of the catalytic converter, regular greasing is a must.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Bolts directly to your stock transfer case and differential flanges.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
2001 Discover II with 2" lift. The average drive shaft length fits as expected. I've driven 400ish miles, including off road and pulling a trailer with the new shaft. No issues.
Our shaft failed and got a replacement quickly. Team was great at answering a few questions to make sure I ordered correctly as we have a mild lift. Shipped in one business day as advertised and very high quality!
Great service, so nice for an actual person to answer the phone and be able to answer all your questions. Gave me the confidence to order that day, very quick shipping even around the Holidays.
Got the OEM front shaft removed as it was going out. The new one fit well without any major issues. Fitment was great with my stock height 2000 D2. No complaints
Super easy to order, fast shipping, easy install, seems quite a bit stronger than original equipment, easy to grease.
I am very happy!