Early Bronco Front Drive Shaft
Ford Bronco front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any Bronco that is still running a stock drive shaft. Early Bronco stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and decades of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
I purchased the front and rear drive shafts with the XB splines, greaseable joints, and boots. This is going in a fully restored drivetrain with a new Currie 9-inch with 31-spline, rebuilt Dana 44, Dana 20 tcase, new C4 tranny, and a new motor coming next. The plan was to put the strongest shafts in as made sense. I used the 1310 joints. These are quality shafts and I am very happy with them and the service from Tom Woods. In fact, they called me with very minor questions just to make sure I was aware of something and threw in extras free of charge. Awesome!
FRONT DRIVESHAFT LOOKS GREAT AND LOOKS TO BE MADE OF QUALITY MATERIAL. ALSO VERY FAST SERVICE.