JK Front Drive Shaft, 1350 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1350 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and will bolt directly to your stock pinion flange.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this yoke which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new double cardan bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
Look at the chart in the product photos to see if the 1350 series shaft is right for you.
Definitely overkill but that’s what I like
Really happy with the shaft.
The graph said I would be okay with the 1310 on my built setup but I chose to go with the 1350 because I plan to eventually change up some things. This shift is built to last. I'm very happy. Instructions clear and straightforward. Thans for a great product.
The driveshaft arrived quickly and installation was easy! The directions provided was easy to understand. I am super happy with the purchase and will be replacing the rear driveshaft with a Tom Woods 1350. The noisy stock driveshaft went bad with a 3.5” lift and replaced with their 1350 front driveshaft. Nice and quiet with the reassurance that I have a reliable driveshaft that will handle many miles ahead.
Well built. Instructions were good. Balanced well no shakes or vibrations. Customer service is great