JK Front Drive Shaft, 1350 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1350 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and the bolts directly to the stock pinion flange. If you don't have stock flanges at both the transfer case and axle currently this shaft may not work and you should call us for more information.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this part which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new double cardan bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Look at the chart in the photos for guidance on which series shaft is right for you.
Easy installation, I took out on the Trails in Red Bird IN and all is well. Thanks for the Woody!
Easy to custom order for my specific setup. It took maybe 20mins to install new shaft everything fit perfectly. I am now more than confident that my rig is ready for the trails.
I have a 09 Jeep Wrangler unlimited and was having a problem with my stock ds rubbing on my transmission pan after installing my 4” lift. Bought this ds in hopes it would fix that and it did exactly that. Very satisfied with it. Shipping was fast and install was simple.
After removing all the old stuff, install of the 1350 drive shafts was simple…finished in less time than I anticipated. These custom drive shafts are high quality and they fit perfectly! One of the best upgrades I’ve done to my 2011 JKUR!
very happy with my 1350. excellent replacement for the stock front one that I twisted like a pretzel. I will be ordering another for the rear very soon. thank you for a great product