JK Front Drive Shaft, 1310 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa type CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly referred to as a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1310 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and will bolt directly to your stock pinion flange.
Key product features
- Double Cardan drive shaft design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this yoke which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new bolts for the double cardan with reduced heads for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
IMPORTANT: Look at the chart in the product photos to make sure the 1310 series is right for you.
Had a loud clicking from my original/stock front driveshaft when in 4wd, so I order this. Came in pretty quickly. Install went pretty smoothly (we did have all the proper tools). Have had it on for about a week with no issues. Seems to be a good product, well built, & the clicking is GONE! I would definitely recommend this driveshaft to anyone looking for one.
Workmanship and function together is a great driveshaft, thank you. I own a shop, will be buying more
Would recommend Tom Wood’s shafts to anyone. Now I have the confidence on taking my JK off-road. Went with 1310 front and 1350 rear to save some $. Great ride and quality is top notch.
I’ve had my Jeep for 7 years now ask it was definitely time to trade out the old front drive shaft. Got this recommendation from a fellow Jeep owner and was not disappointed! Easy to install and totally changed the performance and handling of my JK for the better! I’ll definitely be back in a few months to order the rear drive shaft to complete the job! With every penny for sure!
I have put it to the test and I am extremely pleased with the driveshaft. I have been recommending it to any and everyone who asks.