JK Front Drive Shaft, 1310 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa type CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly referred to as a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1310 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and will bolt directly to your stock pinion flange. If you don't have stock flanges at both the transfer case and axle currently this shaft may not work and you should call us for more information.
Key product features
- Double Cardan drive shaft design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this yoke which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new bolts for the double cardan with reduced heads for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
IMPORTANT: Look at the chart in the product photos to make sure the 1310 series is right for you.
Bought a Tom Woods driveshaft to replace my 2011 jk sport worn out front driveshaft. The new driveshaft is smooth even at 75 mph on interstate. Great product. I’m saving up for a new one for the rear of my jeep. Totally satisfied with my Tom Woods purchase!!
Excellent aftermarket replacement for any JK, easy to install, outstanding customer service answering all my questions (thanks Shawn), great build and balance by AJ & Patrick, Tom Woods the best team!!!! I will get the rear in a few months!!!
Good replacement driveshaft for my JK, easy and to install
I don’t turn wrenches as much as I use to but this went on easy. Tom woods reached out before sending out the driveshaft to ensure measurements were correct, that tells me they care. Great product!! great service!!
Easiest upgrade I've ever done! Tom Woods driveshafts answered my questions and offered expert advice! They delivered absolute peace of mind with their product! Looking forward to replacing my rear driveshaft as well! Thank you for an amazing product! MADE IN THE USA!!! They gave my 2010 rubicon a WOODY!!!