JK Front Drive Shaft, 1310 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa type CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly referred to as a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1310 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and will bolt directly to your stock pinion flange. If you don't have stock flanges at both the transfer case and axle currently this shaft may not work and you should call us for more information.
Key product features
- Double Cardan drive shaft design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this yoke which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new bolts for the double cardan with reduced heads for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
IMPORTANT: Look at the chart in the product photos to make sure the 1310 series is right for you.
Click here for more information on how to accurately measure the driveshaft on your Jeep Wrangler JK.
Replaced my front driveshaft on 2011 jk. Great product well built! No problems or vibrations even at 75 mph on highway. Saving for rear driveshaft now. Would recommend 👍🏻👍🏻
Ordered on line Monday morning and received by Thursday. Installed easily. Great product and customer service when I called to ask a follow up question before installing.
I was skeptical. There are a lot of after market jeep companies, they are not always everything they claim. Tom Woods and his team have made an EXCELLENT product. EASY install, perfect fit, fast shipping, stellar communication!!! I only did the front drive shaft, and am already making plans to upgrade the rear. Clearly much better and stronger than the factory components. You won’t go wrong with a Tom Woods product.
I received my drive shaft and immediately noticed the poor paint coverage. After calling "Customer Service" I was told to buy a can of spray paint and touch it up. This is not what I expected after paying a premium price. This drive shaft built by Joel is substandard. I will be ordering the rear drive shaft from Adams instead. What a joke.
Replaced stock front drive shaft on my 2012 JKU. Easy to follow measuring instructions. Ordered on Sunday had it delivered by Thursday. Great customer service with quick response to questions. Will definitely be purchasing a rear drive shaft from Tom Woods.