JK Front Drive Shaft, 1310 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa type CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly referred to as a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1310 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and will bolt directly to your stock pinion flange. If you don't have stock flanges at both the transfer case and axle currently this shaft may not work and you should call us for more information.
Key product features
- Double Cardan drive shaft design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this yoke which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new bolts for the double cardan with reduced heads for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
IMPORTANT: Look at the chart in the product photos to make sure the 1310 series is right for you.
Very easy to install, and stopped the vibration/noise that was coming from the OEM shaft that appeared after I installed my 2.5” lift.
Really easy to install on a stock jku. Don’t have to worry about the cv joint or the cv boot going out anymore. And most importantly, no more vibration.
So I just installed my tom woods front driveshaft for my 07 jk sport and I'm so pleased with the results that I've felt just driving the jeep...thank you for your services @4xshafts...I'm rockn your stickers so everyone will see who I rock with 🤙....also my rear driveshafts will be in a few days so I can't wait for that as well...👍
Got the drive shaft in just a few days. Install was easy it fit just like it should. No vibration or anything like that. Great product, when I need a rear driveshaft this is where I will get it.
Order arrived in Australia in two weeks which is impressive considering COVID/domestic shipping can take longer so that gets a huge thumbs up. I hadn't done an install like this before so had some questions after the driveshaft arrived, I got answers overnight from Josh and was able to complete the install on my 2014 JKU Rubicon without problems (except for the OEM bolts that were rounded off - but that's another story).