JK Front Drive Shaft, 1310 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa type CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly referred to as a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1310 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and will bolt directly to your stock pinion flange. If you don't have stock flanges at both the transfer case and axle currently this shaft may not work and you should call us for more information.
Key product features
- Double Cardan drive shaft design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this yoke which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new bolts for the double cardan with reduced heads for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
IMPORTANT: Look at the chart in the product photos to make sure the 1310 series is right for you.
After looking for a quality front driveshaft for my JK I came to the conclusion that the only real option was to opt for the Jeep Bling Tom Woods creates. I only have 2.5in of lift but it utterly destroyed the stock shaft. Not only the rezzepa but also internally the driveshaft was just wrecked. Within minutes after installing this amazing piece of American Beef, I could tell that my decision was the right one. No driveline vibes. No shudder. No clicking. Nothing. Smooth and steady was what I felt. The JK has never felt more stable to me. I appreciate everyone involved at Tom Woods. They got me my driveshaft within days, packaged very well. And the customer service is amazing. I called with no measurements. I hung up with a new driveshaft on the way. These guys already knew what size I'd need. I will be ordering the 1350 very soon for the rear. Thank you guys!
Was pleasantly surprised on how fast the shaft was shipped. It was well packaged and in good shape when I opened the box. Installation was easy and straightforward as expected. Teat drive at highway speeds proved no vibrations or other issues. Will put it to good use this summer
Was amazingly and surprisingly easy to install, came as expected, the product instructions were easy to understand, and the job took around 2 hrs to completely do, and that was including going to get a new tool (Win win). Will order from again!!!
Easy instal and works great! Definitely be ordering a rear soon to match!
Second purchase from Tom Woods, they build a great product and customer service is great. If you put any lift on your Jeep JK, Tom Woods is your company for driveshafts.