JK Front Drive Shaft, 1310 Series
Jeep JK front drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa type CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Two or three inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly referred to as a cv). The double cardan shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1310 series JK front shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and will bolt directly to your stock pinion flange.
Key product features
- Double Cardan drive shaft design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Extra long "X" spline for greater stability and greater range of movement.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case yoke. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with this yoke which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with new bolts for the double cardan with reduced heads for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
IMPORTANT: Look at the chart in the product photos to make sure the 1310 series is right for you.
This summer a friend stopped by and asked me to help him remove his aftermarket drive shaft from the front of his JKU. He said it was vibrating really bad, and only after a year of use. Well I found 2 grease zerks fell out and the cv joint was toast, it's a double cardan shaft. That drive shaft was a piece of junk, and it was not a Tom Wood's Drive Shaft. I currently have 3 Tom Wood's drive shafts on my jeeps they are precision pieces of art and I don't recommend anything else but Tom Wood's Drive Shafts!
Will be ordering a rear shaft for my JKU here soon.
All I can say is WOW!!!. for my new 1310 JKU front driveshaft for my Aussie Jeep.
1. WOW for the quality driveshaft.
2. WOW for the customer service.
3. WOW for unbelievable quick shipment and delivery.
Ordered on Thursday 19/11/20 U.S. time. Shipped Next Day.
DELIVERED in AUSTRALIA Tuesday 24/11/20 Australia Time.
When the time comes to replace the rear driveshaft, I will be getting another Woody.
Excellent product, Excellent instructions, Easy install and the Jeep just seems to drive so much smoother.
Installed the new drive shaft a few days ago and it only took about an hour. Everything working great but can't wait to take it off road for a real test.
Excellent product, very simple to install, instructions were flawless.
Very happy with the shaft. Easy install and works great. Plus great stickers for the box