JK Rear Drive Shaft, 1350 Series
Jeep JK drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Just a few inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). This shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1350 series JK rear shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and the required pinion flange.
If you have a suspension lift, you may need to rotate the differential for the CV type drive shaft. This is typically done with adjustable control arms. Pinion should be approximately 1 to 3 degree’s lower than the slope of the drive shaft.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 3" diameter 0.083" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case flange and pinion flange. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with these necessary parts which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with all required attaching hardware.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
- Custom made drive shafts are shipped one business day after the order is received. How is that possible you ask? Magic. Magic and hard work.
IMPORTANT If you have 35” tires or bigger and stock differential gears, or if you plan on extreme use, this 1350 series drive shaft is the right shaft for you.
I now have the 1350 in the rear and the 1310 up front which is the perfect combination for my 2014 Jeep Jk Rubicon with 3,5 inch lift and 35 inch tires. Great Quality Drive Shafts. Easy Install. Very Happy.
Their quality is unmatched! My first driveline from them was in 2003, and it's still going strong even though I have slammed it down on rocks routinely, this one is for my jk and is a piece of art! Very happy with my purchase.
Installed it with a buddy of mine over the weekend. Other than the rear bolt on the axel needing some penetrating spray to break it loose the install was relatively smooth and easy 3 hour job. Would probably take longer with just 1 person. Drives tight and strong no wobble. If your thinking about upgrading to a 1 ton I recommend this
Perfect fit. Easy installation. Expectation is that this should handle the horsepower from Hemi engine swap and 35" tires
Not the first Wood's shaft I've had the honor of owning.
Fit the JK like they were made for it ('cuz there were).
With 130K on the jeep, the stock shafts were getting bit worn and now the funny wobble over 65 or so is gone.
Yoke and flange installs went well with shafts going in right after.
Build quality is great and do expect to hope to get the time abuse them on the trial soon.