JK Rear Drive Shaft, 1350 Series
Jeep JK drive shaft noise. . . it is a common problem and is inevitable on nearly all lifted Jeep JK Wranglers. It comes down to the design. The stock drive shafts use Rzeppa CV joints that were designed only to work in stock Jeeps. Just a few inches of lift is enough to cause these CV joints to fail (watch the video below). JK drive shaft rebuild kits just don't cut it. That is why almost all JK drive shaft replacements are upgraded to a double cardan design (a double cardan is also commonly called a cv). This shaft will handle the angles that your stock drive shaft can not. The double cardan drive shaft is a time tested design that has proven itself in thousands of other Jeeps.
Tom Wood's 1350 series JK rear shaft comes with the required output yoke for the transfer case and the required pinion flange.
If you have a suspension lift, you may need to rotate the differential for the CV type drive shaft. This is typically done with adjustable control arms. Pinion should be approximately 1 to 3 degree’s lower than the slope of the drive shaft.
Key product features
- Double Cardan design. Eliminates problematic CV joints, torn CV boots are a thing of the past.
- 3" diameter 0.083" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable double cardan center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with required transfer case flange and pinion flange. (some "cheaper" shafts don't come with these necessary parts which means that you pay more in the long run)
- Comes with all required attaching hardware.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
IMPORTANT If you have 35” tires or bigger and stock differential gears, or if you plan on extreme use, this 1350 series drive shaft is the right shaft for you.
Everything from TW representative to ordering and delivery was great! Install was easy and to my surprise the 1350 was very quiet , installed 1310 in the front a year ago and everything seems perfect. I feel my JK is pretty solid with these additional upgrades.
Although I haven’t installed the products yet, I am sure they will be awesome on my JK 14. All reviews have been nothing but great input with Top quality craftsmanship. I can’t wait to give an update once those babies are in. 👍🤩. “KEEP ON TRUCKING JEEP!”
I love my new driveline. This is the 3rd driveshaft I have bought from Tom Woods. The shafts hold up and the speed you get them is amazing. I ordered a 1350 shaft for my JK unlimited Rubi and got it in 3 days.
Customer service and answering questions prior to ordering was awesome!! Fast turnaround, fit perfect and top quality craftsmanship. Great communication throughout the process. Highly recommend.
Easy to install in a couple of hours, strong, reliable and perfect replacement for the stock shaft, no issues on/off road, perfect fit ! ! !
Shipping issues with UPS like the first time.. (I saw others complaining too, delays, lack of information, missing package, no information from UPS personnel)
TW EXCELLENT SERVICE AND COMMUNICATION!!
- 1310 up front
- 1350 in rear