Discovery 2 Front Drive Shaft
Due to a national unavailability from both Spicer/Dana and Neapco, the weld yoke required to build this shaft is currently unavailable. Our scheduled monthly orders of these parts has been placed on backorder status. The official answer we are getting on the ETA of these backordered parts is "UNKNOWN". We expect it to be several weeks before they are fully back in stock. Until then, we are unable to build this drive shaft. Keep checking back, we'll update the site as soon as we have more parts! We apologize for the inconvenience.
Land Rover Discovery front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any Discovery 2 that is still running a stock drive shaft. Disco 2 stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball. This is an important one. Because of the proximity to the heat of the catalytic converter, regular greasing is a must.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Bolts directly to your stock transfer case and differential flanges.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Replaced the OEM front driveshaft on my Discovery. Fits and performs excellent
Very pleased with the SPEED of delivery. Installation is a no brainer. Be sure to purchase new bolts(x4) and new locking nylon nuts(x8). Came greased but I re-greased with my favorite LUCAS Green. All in all, I’m very pleased with my new standard length front driveshaft. 2000 D2 2” lift
2001 Discover II with 2" lift. The average drive shaft length fits as expected. I've driven 400ish miles, including off road and pulling a trailer with the new shaft. No issues.
Our shaft failed and got a replacement quickly. Team was great at answering a few questions to make sure I ordered correctly as we have a mild lift. Shipped in one business day as advertised and very high quality!
Great service, so nice for an actual person to answer the phone and be able to answer all your questions. Gave me the confidence to order that day, very quick shipping even around the Holidays.