Discovery 2 Front Drive Shaft
Land Rover Discovery front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any Discovery 2 that is still running a stock drive shaft. Disco 2 stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball. This is an important one. Because of the proximity to the heat of the catalytic converter, regular greasing is a must.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Bolts directly to your stock transfer case and differential flanges.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Great piece. Came pre greased and packaged well. Quality is much better over oem
I have a small shop specialising in Land Rovers. Tom Woods are my go-to driveshaft folks, whether it's a standard replacement ( and that's an upgrade on it's own!) or something less common. Great on the phone, quick on the shipping, couldn't ask for anything more!
Replaced the OEM front driveshaft on my Discovery. Fits and performs excellent
Very pleased with the SPEED of delivery. Installation is a no brainer. Be sure to purchase new bolts(x4) and new locking nylon nuts(x8). Came greased but I re-greased with my favorite LUCAS Green. All in all, I’m very pleased with my new standard length front driveshaft. 2000 D2 2” lift
2001 Discover II with 2" lift. The average drive shaft length fits as expected. I've driven 400ish miles, including off road and pulling a trailer with the new shaft. No issues.