Discovery 2 Front Drive Shaft
Land Rover Discovery front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any Discovery 2 that is still running a stock drive shaft. Disco 2 stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball. This is an important one. Because of the proximity to the heat of the catalytic converter, regular greasing is a must.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Bolts directly to your stock transfer case and differential flanges.
- Best of all every shaft can be custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Great service part was precisely what I needed fit was perfect. Absolutely top flight from purchase to install.
Purchasing from the USA can pose some issues for Australian buyers. Many companies don't supply out of the 48 States. However dealing with Tom Woods has been nothing but a pleasure. Fast to respond to emails, considering the time zone differences, and fast to build and dispatch the drive shaft.
It arrived well packaged to Brisbane and fitted without any issues by my daughter (well it is her car and if you own a Land Rover you need to be mechanically minded) yes she did get help from me.
Pleased to report the car and shaft are working well, with them heading down to the Condimine Gorge road today, this has 14 river crossings of various depths. Tomorrow we will be going through the greasing process.
Thanks guys for making this one of the easier transactions I have done online for a while
Danny & Redford
Great piece. Came pre greased and packaged well. Quality is much better over oem
I have a small shop specialising in Land Rovers. Tom Woods are my go-to driveshaft folks, whether it's a standard replacement ( and that's an upgrade on it's own!) or something less common. Great on the phone, quick on the shipping, couldn't ask for anything more!
Replaced the OEM front driveshaft on my Discovery. Fits and performs excellent