If your Toyota 4 Runner or early model pickup is not lifted and you are not experiencing vibrations due to increased angles, this is the shaft for you. A great option for replacing the old worn out stock drive shaft with something that is upgraded without departing from the stock design which uses a single u-joint at each end. This is a rear shaft only and can be made any length you need from 35" to 50" long. If you are looking for a front shaft look here. If you are looking for a different type or different length shaft, check out our Toyota drive shaft collection. If you still can't find exactly what you are looking for, give us a call.
Toyota drive shaft lengths and flange patterns vary. In our experience there is no single standard length or flange patterns for any particular model. To ensure that you get the right thing you will need to take a couple measurements before ordering your drive shaft. You need to measure the distance from your transfer case flange to your differential flange. You will also need to measure the bolt pattern at each end. It is important that you measure the bolt pattern on each end because they are often not the same at both ends.
Key product features
- Uses 1310 series universal joints. These are the most common size of u-joint there is. Replacement joints are much easier to find than stock Toyota style joints.
- Shaft uses 2.5" diameter .083" wall DOM steel tubing. Better quality tubing than stock Toyota shafts use.
- Can be built using our greaseable Goldseal universal joints or non-greaseable Spicer joints.
- Includes 8 new 10mm bolts and nuts which may be required at either end of the shaft.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to your custom length and specifications. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Please check out our Toyota tech page below. If you have any questions along the way, give us a call.
Watch this video for a demonstration on measuring. The vehicle in the video is a Tacoma but the concept is the same for any Toyota.