Toyota Pickup Rear Drive Shaft
If your early model Toyota pickup is not lifted and you are not experiencing vibrations due to increased angles, this is the shaft for you. A great option for replacing the old worn out stock drive shaft with something that is upgraded without departing from the stock design which uses a single u-joint at each end. This is a rear shaft only and can be made any length you need from 35" to 60" long. If you need a shaft that is longer than 60", please call us. 801-737-0757. If you are looking for a front shaft look here. If you are looking for a different type or different length shaft, check out our Toyota drive shaft collection. If you still can't find exactly what you are looking for, give us a call.
Toyota drive shaft lengths and flange patterns vary. In our experience there is no single standard length or flange patterns for any particular model. To ensure that you get the right thing you will need to take a couple measurements before ordering your drive shaft. You need to measure the distance from your transfer case flange to your differential flange. You will also need to measure the bolt pattern at each end. It is important that you measure the bolt pattern on each end because they are often not the same at both ends.
Key product features
- Uses 1310 series universal joints. These are the most common size of u-joint there is. Replacement joints are much easier to find than stock Toyota style joints.
- Shaft uses 2.5" diameter .083" wall DOM steel tubing. Better quality tubing than stock Toyota shafts use. Can be upgraded to a heavy duty .120" wall tube for added dent resistance.
- Can be built using our greaseable Goldseal universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Includes 8 new 10mm bolts and nuts which may be required at either end of the shaft.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to your custom length and specifications. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
If you have any questions give us a call.
Watch this video for a demonstration on measuring. The vehicle in the video is a Tacoma but the concept is the same for any Toyota.
I watched the videos and my driveshaft fit the description of a worn out driveshaft. I followed the measurement instructions and ordered the replacement on a Wednesday afternoon, it arrived on Saturday afternoon “Wow” they must have built it the same day!!! It fits perfectly and fixed the vibration problem.. Thanks for doing such a great job!!
Great quality driveshaft and VERY quick turn around from order to shipped. Note: The flanges on this drive shaft are thicker than the factory flanges and its likely your factory flange bolts will be too short by about a quarter inch. Don't be like me, have new bolts in hand before you are ready to install your driveshaft. Installed on an '83 with 251,000 miles.... drive shaft vibration all gone!