XJ Front Drive Shaft
XJ front drive shaft replacement is a good idea for almost any XJ that is still running a stock drive shaft. XJ stock front drive shafts used fairly low grade components. Add a lift, bigger tires, and 19+ years of wear and tear and the result could be badly worn or even worse a broken stock drive shaft. Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter 0.120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Bigger and stronger than stock spline stub.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or Spicer non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.
Jeep XJ front drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
The drive shaft was delivered as expected with parts already greased and ready to go. The shaft was properly balanced, feels pretty robust, and performs sell on the highway and trail. It's only been in for a week and some change so I can't speak on long term use. But, so far no complaints.
I’ve always heard of tom Woods Drive Shaft. I finally broke down and got one it was a reasonable price, I got a very quick the staff was very helpful. The front driveshaft looks a lot beefer than the stock one seems to be perfectly balanced got up to 90 in my old XJ No death wobble vibration or anything I’m very pleased I would recommend
Arrived quicker than expected. Top of the line materials and work. Works perfect. Would recommend to anyone looking for a driveshaft.
I’m really pleased with the quality of the driveshaft and the greasable u joints.
Everything was just as described, and the build quality is excellent. Great product, I plan on buying a Tom Wood’s rear driveshaft soon!