XJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep XJ Cherokee. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter .120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around.Jeep XJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT You must also measure the joint size where the shaft attaches to the rear axle. There are two possible joint sizes. Select the size that fits your yoke.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Installed a SYE in my 231 with a XJ Dana 44. I used the front driveshaft from a XJ and had a bad vibration issue. Swapped out the 231 for a Dana 300 (4” shorter than my 231). Measured and ordered my Woods driveshaft and now there is no vibration at all. I’m sure it was the stock front shaft causing the vib’s. super stoked on the set up. The driveshaft is super beefy.
Purchased the SYE from here and installed it (which was also awesome). measured as instructed for the new rear driveshaft. received said driveshaft and it fit perfectly. It weighs twice as much as the old one which I guess goes with the thicker shaft wall and extra u-joint. All in all very pleased with the experience. Turn around was about a week to my door.
Great product very fast arrival and excellent customer service!!! Thanks again for my custom drive shaft. No more vibration.
I measured from where you’re company said & I received the only problem is I have to pay 150.00 to get it shortened because it’s about 2 unjoints to long!
After installing a slip yoke eliminator kit on my Jeep Comanche I measured for the length of what drive shaft I would need using the instructions on the Tom Woods sight for how to measure. Everything worked perfect! Very pleased with the quick service and high quality of this drive shaft.