XJ Rear Drive Shaft, Double Cardan
Rear drive shaft for Jeep XJ Cherokee. Double cardan type, also known as a CV. This is what you need if your Jeep is lifted and you are experiencing vibrations or other problems due to increased angles. Shaft will require a slip yoke eliminator.
Tom Wood's XJ drive shafts are built using only the highest quality components. Key features listed below.
- 2" diameter .120" wall USA made DOM tube.
- Forged slip yoke.
- Greaseable CV center ball.
- Your choice between Tom Wood's exclusive Gold Seal greaseable universal joints or non-greaseable joints.
- Comes with new CV bolts with reduced head for ease of installation.
- Best of all every shaft is custom built to whatever length you need. So you can be sure that you will get the right thing the first time around. Jeep XJ rear drive shaft lengths vary a bit and we want to make sure you get the right thing. That is why we require a length measurement before building the shaft. Measuring is simple and easy. You can read more about how to measure in the link below.
IMPORTANT You must also measure the joint size where the shaft attaches to the rear axle. There are two possible joint sizes. Select the size that fits your yoke.
Click here for more technical information and for photos showing how to measure for the correct shaft.
We recommend a new set of straps and bolts to securely attach your new drive shaft.
Ordered a Tom Woods Driveshaft for front and rear on my XJ after installing their 242 SYE kit. I measured for the new shafts, selected options from the website (x-spline, type of u-joints, etc.) and they were delivered to me within 3 days. Very high quality shafts - will definitely recommend to all my friends!
In a VERY short period of time, my order arrived, a very HIGH-QUALITY product, exactly as I asked for it! My 98 Xj is happy and so am I.
Ordered a drive shaft threw tom woods and was definitely not disappointed drive shaft was very heavy duty very well packed and instructions on maintenance on the drive shaft were very detailed would highly recommend getting any drive shaft from tom woods
A few months back I ordered a front shaft for my xj, it was amazing so I replaced my rear shaft with another Tom woods driveshaft, I would never buy from anywhere else and i recommend you all do the same !! Thank you Tom woods driveshafts !!
super Awesome company driveline came super fast I ordered driveline thinking it would take at least a week but it came in 3-4 days love quality and u even get sweet stickers haha that’s best part but driveline feels great in Jeep super smooth !